- 1Of, relating to, or denoting the earliest eon, preceding the Cambrian period and the Phanerozoic eon. Compare with Cryptozoic.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- By the early years of the twentieth century, as the geology of the continents began to be better known, it was realized that Permian and Precambrian glacial deposits occur virtually on all continents and at low latitudes.
- Plenty of suitable sedimentary deposits exist within the late Precambrian and Cambrian strata.
- The crest of the Blue Ridge is usually underlain with Precambrian or Cambrian igneous rocks.
The Precambrian extended from the origin of the earth (believed to have been about 4,600 million years ago) to about 570 million years ago, representing nearly ninety percent of geological time. The oldest known Precambrian rocks have been dated to about 3,800 million years old, and the earliest living organisms date from the latter part of the eon. The Precambrian is now replaced in formal stratigraphic schemes by the Archean, Proterozoic, and (in some schemes) Priscoan eons
Más definiciones de PrecambrianDefinición de Precambrian en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional