- An order of insects that comprises the booklice and other psocids.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Hemiptera (bugs, cicadas, whiteflies, aphids, etc.), the Thysanoptera, the Psocoptera (psocids, book lice, and bark lice), and the Phthiraptera form the hemipteroid assemblage.
- The hemipteroid assemblage has four orders of insects: Hemiptera (bugs, cicadas, whiteflies, aphids, etc.), Phthiraptera, Psocoptera (psocids, book lice, and bark lice), and Thysanoptera (thrips).
- For the other two hemipteroid orders, Thysanoptera and Psocoptera, only partial mtDNA sequences are available.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Comparisons between fully characterized mt genomes of a range of hemipterans, thrips, psocopterans, and lice should provide further insight into the mechanisms of gene rearrangement in animal mt genomes.
- The hemipteroid assemblage (bugs, thrips, psocopterans, and lice) is particularly interesting because it is thought to be the sister group of the Endopterygota.
- Based on the close relationship of thrips to the lophioneurid psocopteroids, it is likely that the Triassic and Jurassic thrips were saprophagous, just as the psocopterans and merothripids are today.
modern Latin (plural), from Psocus (genus name) + pteron 'wing'.
Más definiciones de PsocopteraDefinición de Psocoptera en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional