Definición de Psocoptera en inglés:
An order of insects that comprises the booklice and other psocids.
- The Hemiptera (bugs, cicadas, whiteflies, aphids, etc.), the Thysanoptera, the Psocoptera (psocids, book lice, and bark lice), and the Phthiraptera form the hemipteroid assemblage.
- The hemipteroid assemblage has four orders of insects: Hemiptera (bugs, cicadas, whiteflies, aphids, etc.), Phthiraptera, Psocoptera (psocids, book lice, and bark lice), and Thysanoptera (thrips).
- For the other two hemipteroid orders, Thysanoptera and Psocoptera, only partial mtDNA sequences are available.
modern Latin (plural), from Psocus (genus name) + pteron 'wing'.
psocopteran sustantivo& adjetivo
- Example sentences
- Comparisons between fully characterized mt genomes of a range of hemipterans, thrips, psocopterans, and lice should provide further insight into the mechanisms of gene rearrangement in animal mt genomes.
- The hemipteroid assemblage (bugs, thrips, psocopterans, and lice) is particularly interesting because it is thought to be the sister group of the Endopterygota.
- Based on the close relationship of thrips to the lophioneurid psocopteroids, it is likely that the Triassic and Jurassic thrips were saprophagous, just as the psocopterans and merothripids are today.
Definición de Psocoptera en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan