- 1Of or relating to the Greek astronomer Ptolemy or his theories.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Her vernacular Dutch writings reflect familiarity with Latin, rhetoric, numerology, Ptolemaic astronomy and music theory.
- Whatever the differences of detail, the Ptolemaic astronomers all agreed that God and Heaven were located beyond the visible universe, and even the Copernican Digges put them in the outermost region.
- It is plausible to think that Copernicus' introduction of the heliocentric hypothesis had this effect on the previously unchallenged Ptolemaic earth-centered astronomy.
- 2Of or relating to the Ptolemies of Egypt (see Ptolemy1.).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The greatest loss among these was the account by his general, Ptolemy, who later became Pharaoh of Egypt and founded the Ptolemaic royal line.
- The earliest unequivocal evidence for emerald mining in Egypt dates to Ptolemaic times, and even for this period the evidence is scant.
- Cleopatra, in a grand gamble, sought not merely to maintain Egypt's precarious independence but to restore the Ptolemaic realm as it had been in its heyday.
Más definiciones de PtolemaicDefinición de Ptolemaic en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional