A group of mollusks that includes the land snails and slugs and many freshwater snails. They have a modified mantle cavity that acts as a lung for breathing air.
- Subclass Pulmonata, class Gastropoda
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The latter group includes radically modified animals, the Opisthobranchia and Pulmonata, which undergo detorsion and essentially re-evolve bilateral symmetry.
- In the traditional classification system, the class Gastropoda has been divided into three subclasses, Prosobranchia, Pulmonata, and Opisthobranchia.
- Haszprunar and Bandel suggested a subdivision of the Heterostropha into the Allogastropoda and Euthyneura, with the Euthyneura including the Opisthobranchia and Pulmonata.
modern Latin (plural), from Latin pulmo, pulmon- 'lung'.
Definición de Pulmonata en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional