Definición de Red Guard en inglés:
1Any of various radical or socialist groups, in particular a militant youth movement in China (1966–76) that carried out attacks on intellectuals and other disfavored groups as part of Mao Zedong’s Cultural Revolution.
- It so happened that the wrath of the Red Guard was directed against ‘intellectuals,’ loosely defined as anyone who had any pretensions to learning.
- But in several countries overseas we can see mass working class and peasant militia which come out of the same tradition as the Paris Communards and the Red Guard in 1917.
- They were fearful that should the Red Guard discover such bourgeois items in their possession they would be arrested.
1.1A member of one of the Red Guard groups.
- By 1967, matters had escalated to near anarchy as student Red Guards terrorized the streets, and from 1968 the military was called in to restore order.
- Failure to produce a copy upon being asked could bring on a beating by the Red Guards.
- Her parents were imprisoned during the Cultural Revolution, and she was brought up by Red Guards as a child of the Revolution, not regarding her parents as her family.
Definición de Red Guard en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan