Definición de Rhizopoda en inglés:
A phylum of single-celled animals that includes the amoebas and their relatives, which have extensible pseudopodia.
- For a brief period before 1998, the clade soon to be called Cercozoa was referred to as Rhizopoda, as it included a large proportion of the species previously included in that form-taxon (specifically those bearing filose pseudopodia).
- For convenience, earlier protist classifications placed all amoebae possessing lobose pseudopodia in the class Lobosea, belonging to the superclass or phylum Rhizopoda.
- Example sentences
- Warren conveys Leidy's boundless curiosity for the microworld by quoting a characteristic remark: ‘How can life be tiresome,’ Leidy asked, ‘so long as there is still a new rhizopod undescribed?’
- But as many rhizopods were not in this group, including the best-known example, Amoeba, and many Cercozoa are flagellates rather than amoeboid, the name Cercozoa is much more welcome.
- This strongly suggests that these tRNAs are edited by a mechanism similar to the one seen in the fungus Spizellomyces punctatus and the rhizopod amoeba Acanthamoeba castellanii.
Definición de Rhizopoda en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan