Definición de Rhizopoda en inglés:
A phylum of single-celled animals that includes the amoebas and their relatives, which have extensible pseudopodia.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- For a brief period before 1998, the clade soon to be called Cercozoa was referred to as Rhizopoda, as it included a large proportion of the species previously included in that form-taxon (specifically those bearing filose pseudopodia).
- For convenience, earlier protist classifications placed all amoebae possessing lobose pseudopodia in the class Lobosea, belonging to the superclass or phylum Rhizopoda.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Warren conveys Leidy's boundless curiosity for the microworld by quoting a characteristic remark: ‘How can life be tiresome,’ Leidy asked, ‘so long as there is still a new rhizopod undescribed?’
- But as many rhizopods were not in this group, including the best-known example, Amoeba, and many Cercozoa are flagellates rather than amoeboid, the name Cercozoa is much more welcome.
- This strongly suggests that these tRNAs are edited by a mechanism similar to the one seen in the fungus Spizellomyces punctatus and the rhizopod amoeba Acanthamoeba castellanii.
Definición de Rhizopoda en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda