Definición de Round Table en inglés:
1The table at which King Arthur and his knights sat so that none should have precedence. It was first mentioned in 1155.
- Many of their exploits are related in the tales of the Knights of the Round Table.
- The will of the Round Table grew too strong, its knights too forceful.
- The Knights of the Round Table sought the Holy Grail, Long John Silver his treasure, Gollum the ring.
2An international charitable association that holds discussions and undertakes community service.
- Members of Swindon's Round Table have dished out thousands of pounds to Swindon charities.
- I did a catering course at college, sponsored by the local Round Table, who had even helped me buy my first set of knives.
- Each year for more than 40 years, the Round Table has had a sleigh with Father Christmas in the centre of Swindon, every Saturday in December.
3 (round table) An assembly for discussion, especially at a conference: [as modifier]: round-table talks
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The opening is preceded by a round-table discussion at 3 p.m. and the exhibition runs until July 24.
- Topics include marketing, public relations, staff recruitment, and round-table discussions for experienced and first-time supervisors.
- Clad in homespun clothes, Gandhi once attended a round-table conference in London, where he brought along with him a milch goat to symbolise the self-sufficiency of the Indian people.
Definición de Round Table en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan