- A leather belt with a supporting strap that passes over the right shoulder, worn by army and police officers.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Sam Browne belt worn by the Army officers had been abandoned in 1937 because they could not be worn under a parachute harness.
- In front were two officers on horseback, with highly polished Sam Browne belts, rifles in leather covers on the sides of their horses.
- These simple alterations allowed every officer who so desired to be armed with one of the finest sixguns ever to be worn on a Sam Browne belt.
early 20th century: named after Sir Samuel J. Browne (1824–1901), the British military commander who invented it.
Más definiciones de Sam Browne beltDefinición de Sam Browne belt en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional