Definición de Sarcee en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Sarcees)
1A member of an American Indian people of Alberta, Canada.
- Their expansion onto the plains displaced Lakotas, Crows, and Gros Venues to the south and the Blackfeet and Sarcees to the west.
- Often, they allied in battle with their neighbors the Gros Ventre and the Sarcee.
- The Sarcee are noted as the only northern Athapascan band which is known to have become accustomed to life on the Plains, though it is probable that they merely represent a recent case of Plains adaptation such as took place at an earlier period with the Apache and Kiowa Apache successively.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Sarcee or their language.
- Residents who oppose the construction of the Sarcee extension may not have won the battle to prevent negotiations on the Memorandum of Understanding, but they're chalking it up as a partial victory.
- The Weaselhead, which takes its name from a Sarcee aboriginal who lived there in the 1800s, has been called the ‘jewel in the crown’ of the Calgary parks system.
- He (1801) estimated that there were 120 Sarcee warriors in 1801 and that their tents numbered 35.
from Blackfoot saahsiwa.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan