- 1Relating to or denoting a family of languages that includes Hebrew, Arabic, and Aramaic and certain ancient languages such as Phoenician and Akkadian, constituting the main subgroup of the Afro-Asiatic family.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Aramaic belongs to the Semitic language group historically centred in the Middle East.
- Diligently, he traces each letter from the ancient Semitic and Phoenician alphabets through Old English and Norman French, exploring shapes and pronunciation.
- Arabic derives from the ancient Semitic languages.
- 2Relating to the peoples who speak the Semitic languages, especially Hebrew and Arabic.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some are ethnically Arab, which means that they are Semitic, and speak Arabic.
- The Semitic mind speaks in terms of beings, beings that embody good and evil.
- Aramaic was the language of Semitic peoples - the Assyrians, Chaldeans, Hebrews and Syrians.
Más definiciones de SemiticDefinición de Semitic en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional