- A type of somatic cell around which spermatids develop in the tubules of the testis.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On the other hand, no Leydig cells were seen microscopically in case 8, with tubules containing only Sertoli cells, being absolutely devoid of germinal cells.
- The left testis contained numerous Sertoli cells and a few germ cells.
- All testes with mixed atrophy had dysgenetic Sertoli cells, although normal mature Sertoli cells were also found in 3 of these testes.
late 19th century: named after Enrico Sertoli (1842–1910), Italian histologist.
Más definiciones de Sertoli cellDefinición de Sertoli cell en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional