- A large Italian island in the Mediterranean Sea, off the southwestern tip of Italy; capital, Palermo. It is separated from the Italian mainland by the Strait of Messina. Its highest point is Mount Etna. Italian name Sicilia.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Venice similarly dislodged its Austrian government and proclaimed a republic, while in the south, the Bourbons were forced to grant the Neapolitans and Sicilians an effective bill of rights.
- A Sicilian, he was facing charges of aiding and abetting the mafia.
- A 3.7 magnitude quake also hit Mount Etna, the Sicilian volcano which began erupting Sunday.
Pronunciación: /siˈsilyən/adjetivo & sustantivo
Más definiciones de SicilyDefinición de Sicily en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional