Definición de Sitka spruce en inglés:
A fast-growing spruce tree of the northern Pacific coast of North America, widely cultivated in Britain for its strong lightweight timber.
- Picea sitchensis, family Pinaceae
- The forests of the Pacific Northwest and northern California are known for giant ancient trees such as Sitka spruce and sequoia (redwoods).
- The Octopus Tree, an ancient Sitka spruce with massive branches that rise up around a low central trunk like the arms of a candelabra, is a five-minute walk from the parking lot.
- Forests of mostly Sitka and Norway spruce are felled.
late 19th century: named after Sitka, a town in Alaska.
Definición de Sitka spruce en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan