Definición de Slovak en inglés:
1A native or inhabitant of Slovakia, or a person of Slovak descent.
- The other recognized minorities are Slovaks, Croatians, Serbians, Romanians, Slovenians, Germans, Greeks, Ukrainians and Armenians.
- My ward was made up of Polish, Ukrainians, Russians, Greeks, Slovaks, Appalachians, Puerto Ricans, blacks.
- The remaining 3.9 percent is made up of Germans, Slovaks, South Slavs, Gypsies, and Romanians.
2The West Slavic language of Slovakia, closely related to Czech.
- She also speaks German and Russian, and as a Czech speaker understands Slovak.
- In the nineteenth century, Ján Kollár participated in the development of a written form of Slovak that combined the western and central dialects.
- I speak English, Romanian, Slovak, and some Hungarian, your majesty.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Slovaks or their language.
- Hundley, who was in the country on an educational scholarship, was interviewed about the difficulties of learning the Slovak language.
- Like those of other Eastern European languages, Slovak words feature clusters of consonants; some words have practically no vowels at all.
- Bourgas police reported that two Slovak citizens were robbed of 600 leva, $100, 200 euro and two mobile phones in their lodging place in Primorsko resort on August 14.
Definición de Slovak en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary