- A Slavic gymnastic society aiming to promote a communal spirit and physical fitness, originating in Prague in 1862.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Following the German model but in order to educate their oppressed nation both physically and morally, the Czechs set up a gymnastics movement called the Sokol in 1862.
- Czech immigrants established Sokols in many major cities, beginning with St. Louis in 1865.
- Although slow to catch on in the schools, gymnastics did flourish in the Turnvereins and Sokols.
Czech, literally 'falcon' (the emblem of the society).
Más definiciones de SokolDefinición de Sokol en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional