- A country in East Asia, occupying the southern part of the peninsula of Korea; population 48,509,000 (est. 2009); official language, Korean; capital, Seoul. Official name Korea, Republic of.
South Korea was formed in 1948 when Korea was partitioned along the 38th parallel; the Korean War (1950–53) was followed by decades of hostility between North and South Korea, but a summit meeting of the two leaders was held in 2000. An emerging industrial power, South Korea has had one of the world’s fastest-growing economies since the 1960s
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A highlight of the series will be the rare opportunity to hear a world renowned South Korean pianist.
- Some South Korean fans wept as they snapped up unexpected last-minute tickets.
- The huge screen in a corner came alive with live action straight from the South Korean capital, Seoul.
Más definiciones de South KoreaDefinición de South Korea en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional