Definición de Sturm und Drang en inglés:
1A literary and artistic movement in Germany in the late 18th century, influenced by Jean-Jacques Rousseau and characterized by the expression of emotional unrest and a rejection of neoclassical literary norms.
- A major turning-point for both composers seemingly came in the early 1770s, when, influenced by the German literary movement known as Sturm und Drang, music became more intense.
- Meanwhile the German Sturm und Drang movement had initiated the worship of Shakespeare as a natural genius whose works were the supreme antidote.
- German dramatist and lyric poet, the son of an army surgeon, and, with his early play Die Räuber, the chief figure of the Sturm und Drang period of German literature.
1.1Turbulent emotion or stress: that casual morning meeting dragged into a brawling afternoon of Sturm und Drang
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The more familiar String Quartet also opens with a healthy dose of Sturm und Drang.
- The intensity of their parents ' Sturm und Drang disturbs the Anton children.
- The Sturm und Drang of Luther was safely domesticated in Lutheranism.
German, literally 'storm and stress'.
Words that rhyme with Sturm und Drangbang, Battambang, bhang, clang, Da Nang, dang, fang, gang, hang, harangue, kiang, Kuomintang, Kweiyang, Laing, Luang Prabang, meringue, Nanchang, Pahang, pang, parang, Penang, prang, Pyongyang, rang, sang, satang, Shang, shebang, Shenyang, slambang, slang, spang, sprang, tang, thang, trepang, twang, vang, whang, Xizang, yang, Zaozhuang
Definición de Sturm und Drang en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India