Definición de Swahili en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual)
1A Bantu language widely used as a lingua franca in East Africa and having official status in several countries. Also called Kiswahili.
- Many of the dialects borrow from Bantu languages, Swahili, Arabic, English, and French.
- One of the most important integrating forces is the use of the national lingua franca - Swahili, a language spoken and revered by nearly all Tanzanians.
- I also learned that in Tanzania, they speak over 150 different tribal languages, but Swahili is the official mother tongue. just imagine!
2A member of a people of Zanzibar and nearby coastal regions, descendants of the original speakers of Swahili.
- This synthesis of spiritual worldviews is not unique to Hausa Islam, but is found in most other Afro-Islamic communities, such as those of the Somali, the Swahili, and the Bambara.
- Derived from a Swahili, the word means working together.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to Swahili or to the people who are its native speakers.
- There is also the Swahili coast - that is the Tanzanian Coastline - with some great beaches south of Dar es Salaam.
- I never managed to figure out the difference between samosas and sambusas (I think it's simply that the latter is the Swahili name).
- My Swahili phrase book - bought at the station - came in surprisingly handy with ‘there is a grinding noise’.
from Arabic sawāḥil, plural of sāḥil 'coast'.
Definición de Swahili en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan