- A dark-colored, narrow-winged buteo of western North America.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Buteo swainsoni, family Accipitridae
- Currently, six developers have submitted plans to build on sites that could disrupt Swainson's hawk habitat.
- The Swainson's hawk is a Federal Species of Concern, and is protected by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.
- The dramatic decline in the population of the Swainson's hawk has been attributed to the loss of native nesting and foraging habitat, and more recently to the loss of suitable nesting trees.
mid 19th century: named after William Swainson (1789–1855), English naturalist.