Definición de Syriac en inglés:
The language of ancient Syria, a western dialect of Aramaic in which many important early Christian texts are preserved, and that is still used by Syrian Christians as a liturgical language.
- The translation of the Bible into Latin marks the beginning of a parting of the ways between Western Latin-speaking Christianity and Eastern Christianity, which spoke Greek, Syriac, Coptic, Ethiopic, and other languages.
- He also steeped himself in the biblical languages of Greek and Hebrew, and even found time to master Aramaic and Syriac.
- Aristotle's Rhetoric has been read by some ancient speakers of Greek, Syriac, and Arabic as the completion of his logic in a contingent, probabilistic direction.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Syriac language.
- In such cases they fulfil the basic requirement of Syriac sentence structure (namely, that the predicate must be conjugated for person) twice: once within the copula, and once within the verb of existence.
- The later Theophany, extant in Syriac translation, and his last works repeat many of the same apologetic themes.
- He was well-acquainted with the Hebrew text of the Old Testament, the Syriac version of the New Testament, and the post-Biblical Jewish writings.
Definición de Syriac en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan