In 1949, toward the end of the war with the communist regime of mainland China, Chiang Kai-shek withdrew here with 500,000 nationalist Kuomintang troops. Taiwan became the headquarters of the Kuomintang, which held power continuously until defeated in presidential elections in 2000. Since the 1950s Taiwan has undergone steady economic growth, especially in its export industries
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Still, the limited number of such flights is a headache for some Taiwanese businessmen.
- Volunteers in the Taiwanese trial were taught to stimulate a point on the ankle known as the Sanyinjiao point.
- A Taiwanese said he had visited Shenzhen three times and hoped to find a job there.
Más definiciones de TaiwanDefinición de Taiwan en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional