Definición de Taoism en inglés:
The central concept and goal is the Tao, and its most important text is the Tao-te-Ching. Taoism has both a philosophical and a religious aspect. Philosophical Taoism emphasizes inner contemplation and mystical union with nature; wisdom, learning, and purposive action should be abandoned in favor of simplicity and wu-wei (nonaction, or letting things take their natural course). The religious aspect of Taoism developed later, circa 3rd century ad, incorporating certain Buddhist features and developing a monastic system
- The roots of Japanese mythology are in the Shinto religion, in Taoism and in Zen Buddhism alike.
- Confucianism blamed Taoist philosophy of escapism, while Taoism responded by deeming Confucianism as escapist from one's true nature.
- The Chinese philosophy of Taoism looked inward, seeking harmony with nature.
Taoist sustantivo& adjetivo
- Example sentences
- But whatever the religious source, much of the feeling Koreans have for their land is derived in part from what Taoists might call the physics of nature.
- In Japanese myth and folklore the dragon is associated with rivers and the sea, and in Taoist thought it represents the forces of nature.
- Thus, the Taoist sage, as described by Chuang Tzu, is unruffled by gain or loss or disaster of any kind.
- Example sentences
- Chuangtse is therefore important as the first one who fully developed the Taoistic thesis of the rhythm of life, contained in the epigrams of Laotse.
- More than two thousand years ago Taoistic healers already were writing books in which they openly discussed love and sex.
- Incubation is an important part of the creative process, since Taoistic artists would seek for spiritual transcendence through reflection before starting on their creative work.
Words that rhyme with TaoismMaoism
Definición de Taoism en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.