Definición de Tatar en inglés:
1A member of a Turkic people living in Tatarstan and various other parts of Russia and Ukraine. They are the descendants of the Tartars who ruled central Asia in the 14th century.
- In 1944, on the pretext that they had collaborated with the Germans, Stalin ordered the deportation within a few days of the remaining 200,000 Crimean Tatars to Central Asia.
- From the fifteenth century on, Crimean Tatars raided Ukraine for slaves, and Zaporozhian kozaks were the only defense against them.
- This province already had a motley mixture of population, including Turks, Tatars, and Ukrainians.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Tatars or their language.
- The missionaries, usually from rich Arab states such as Saudi Arabia, sport ragged full beards, and their women are veiled and covered from head to toe - in contrast to the western look of most Crimean Tatar men and women.
- On the outskirts of the town are two of the most precious Crimean Tatar sites: the mausoleum of its most famous Khan, Mengli Girai, and the magnificent school of religious and secular learning that he ordered to be built.
- On the other hand, let's look at the Russian: óðà is from the Tatar language and means ‘beat’ or ‘hit,’ (presumably the Tatar battle cry).
the Turkic name of a Tartar tribe.
Definición de Tatar en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia