sustantivo (plural Tontons Macoutes pronunc. igual)
- A member of a notoriously brutal militia formed by President François Duvalier of Haiti, active from 1961 to 1986.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And sure enough, last week both soldiers and Tonton Macoute were indeed less visible in Port-au-Prince.
- Franck Romain, mayor of Port-au-Prince, a leader of the Tontons Macoutes was accused of directing the attack.
- The funeral singer's father was arrested by the Tonton Macoute.
Haitian French, apparently with reference to an ogre of folk tales.
Más definiciones de Tonton MacouteDefinición de Tonton Macoute en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional