- A hymn, especially in the Orthodox Church, with a triple invocation of God as holy.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- During the Trisagion the Reader should come and receive the blessing of the celebrant to read the Apostle.
- The Trisagion should not be confused with the Sanctus (‘Holy, holy, holy, Lord God of power and might.’)
- Now we first hear of the Trisagion in the 5th century, when it was apparently used as a processional antiphon during stational services in Constantinople.
late Middle English: from Greek, neuter of trisagios, from tris 'three times' + hagios 'holy'.
Más definiciones de TrisagionDefinición de Trisagion en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional