Definición de White Father en inglés:
1A white man regarded by people of a nonwhite race as having authority over them.
- In doing so, he revealed a preoccupation which evidently possesses his waking thoughts - that he is the great White Father, come to rescue the oppressed brown people of the world from their deprivation.
- But he's trapped in a role (Great White Father) that became obsolete about three generations ago.
- Because this isn't your Great White Father's Third World anymore.
2A member of the Society of Missionaries of Africa, a Roman Catholic order founded in Algiers in 1868.
- It was further edited by a White Father missionary, Edouard Labreque, and finally published in Bemba as Ifikolwe Fyandi na Bantu Bandi (My Ancestors and My People).
- The nine mission stations of the White Fathers accounted for the bulk of European residents in 1940.
- The cruelly-bound prisoners passed the home of the White Fathers on their way to execution.
translating French Père Blanc.
Definición de White Father en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan