Definición de Xhosa en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Xhosas)
1A member of a South African people traditionally living in the Eastern Cape Province. They form the second largest ethnic group in South Africa after the Zulus.
- His playmates were Xhosa children and he was to retain a lifelong fluency in the language.
- We know much about the shifting value of beads in trade with the Xhosa.
- The Zulus supported the apartheid regime and are a thorn in the side of the new government, which is dominated by the Xhosas.
2The Bantu language of the Xhosa, related to Zulu and spoken by over 7 million people. It is one of the official languages of South Africa.
- To add to that she has very little or no knowledge of Zulu or Xhosa, languages which Mafikizolo uses.
- Do we have anything similar for it in English, Afrikaans, Xhosa or Zulu perhaps?
- Performed in Zulu, Afrikaans, English and Xhosa, each performer speaks in his or her native language.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Xhosa or their language.
- Little is known about the color symbolism of Xhosa beads apart from white.
- This skirt is still worn today, in a simplified version, by some Xhosa women on ceremonial occasions.
- And I had to tell them it was on male circumcision amongst the Xhosa tribes.
from the stem of Xhosa umXhosa (plural amaXhosa).
Definición de Xhosa en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan