- The splitting of the spectrum line into several components by the application of a magnetic field.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Zeeman effect is the splitting of a spectral line by a magnetic field.
- Known as a Feshbach resonance, this pairing phenomenon can be externally controlled by the Zeeman effect using an applied magnetic field.
- Pauli's basic model was wrong, as it considered only orbital magnetism; spin, still undiscovered in 1920, has a major role both in ferromagnetism and in the anomalous Zeeman effect.
late 19th century: named after Pieter Zeeman (1865–1943), Dutch physicist.
Más definiciones de Zeeman effectDefinición de Zeeman effect en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional