Definición de aback en inglés:
1 archaic Toward or situated to the rear: the little strip of pasture aback of the house
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The two started down the dusty road and John was quick to follow, but his father's words pulled him aback.
- Now he could look right through the tiny window over the roof, on to the tree-tops aback of the house.
take someone aback
- Shock or surprise someone: he was taken aback by the sharpness in her voiceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The consul was present at the Supreme Court hearing, and I think she was taken aback and shocked by what she heard.
- When you go to such a place, you are taken aback by the youthfulness of the crowd.
- People in England are aware of the divide, but the extent of it took me aback.
Old English on bæc. Long written as two words, the term came to be treated as a single word in nautical use.
Palabras que riman con abackalack, attack, back, black, brack, clack, claque, crack, Dirac, drack, flack, flak, hack, jack, Kazakh, knack, lack, lakh, mac, mach, Nagorno-Karabakh, pack, pitchblack, plaque, quack, rack, sac, sack, shack, shellac, slack, smack, snack, stack, tach, tack, thwack, track, vac, wack, whack, wrack, yak, Zack
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda