sustantivo (plural abilities)
- 1 [in singular, with infinitive] Possession of the means or skill to do something: the manager had lost his ability to motivate the players they’ll examine your ability to payMás ejemplos en oraciones
- All you are paying for is the ability to say that you've seen it early.
- Britain should adopt a graduated income tax based on the ability to pay.
- Finally, a more equal system of registration fees should be introduced, based on the ability to pay.
- 2Talent, skill, or proficiency in a particular area: a man of exceptional ability students of all abilitiesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She utilized her resources to the best of her ability.
- I'd never seen her in a show before, so I had no idea the extent of her ability.
- It is a mark of her ability that the player has managed to remain in the world's top five despite the injuries.
late Middle English: from Old French ablete, from Latin habilitas, from habilis 'able'.