Definición de abjure en inglés:
verbo[with object] formal
Solemnly renounce (a belief, cause, or claim): his refusal to abjure the Catholic faith
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I want to look closely at the first lines of the poem, in which Smith seems to abjure any claim of authority.
- Thus, Muldrow cannot help but abjure spiritual claims to universal enlightenment.
- To recant is to withdraw or disavow a declared belief, as in renouncing a philosophy or abjuring fealty to a religion.
late Middle English: from Latin abjurare, from ab- 'away' + jurare 'swear'.
abjure the realm
- historical Swear an oath to leave a country or realm forever.Example sentences
- If the accused would neither submit to trial nor abjure the realm after 40 days, he was starved into submission.
- Adam and the others fled to the Church of Branscombe, confessed their crime, and abjured the realm before the coroner.
- He would be sentenced to abjure the realm or suffer death as a felon.
- Example sentences
- The dramatic crisis stems from Galileo's enforced abjuration in 1633 of his belief in a heliocentric universe.
- The Inquisition had accepted Cardano's private abjuration, extracting a promise from him never to teach or publish in the Papal States again.
- Who speaks these terrible abjurations, Kafka the man or Kafka the artist?
Words that rhyme with abjureadjure, allure, amour, assure, Bahawalpur, boor, Borobudur, Cavour, coiffure, conjure, couture, cure, dastur, de nos jours, doublure, dour, embouchure, endure, ensure, enure, gravure, immature, immure, impure, inure, Jaipur, Koh-i-noor, Kultur, liqueur, lure, manure, mature, moor, Moore, Muir, mure, Nagpur, Namur, obscure, parkour, photogravure, plat du jour, Pompadour, procure, pure, rotogravure, Ruhr, Saussure, secure, simon-pure, spoor, Stour, sure, tour, Tours, velour, Yom Kippur, you're
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan