Definición de aborigine en inglés:
1A person, animal, or plant that has been in a country or region from earliest times.
- Most Taiwanese and aborigines speak both a local language and the national language.
- The local aborigines had refused to join the expedition declaring the mountains to be the domain of the gods and preferring prison and death to a journey beyond the ‘mists’.
- Senator Aidan Ridgeway is the only aborigine in the national parliament.
1.1 (Aborigine) An aboriginal inhabitant of Australia.
- Their study of the Aranda Aborigines of Central Australia is still widely quoted.
- That the first marriage in South Australia between an Aborigine, Kudnarto, and a European, Tom Adams, was solemnised on 27 January 1848.
- In Australia, Aborigines have already had several sets of remains reburied.
mid 19th century: back-formation from the 16th-century plural aborigines 'original inhabitants' (in classical times referring to those of Italy and Greece), from the Latin phrase ab origine 'from the beginning'.
Definición de aborigine en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary