- 1The deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks of pregnancy.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She wished to end her pregnancy, but abortion was illegal in Texas except in cases of extreme danger to the mother.
- The Institute has also argued against abortion, euthanasia and human cloning.
- Let us keep the backyard abortionist out and legalised abortion in as a human right.
- 1.1The expulsion of a fetus from the uterus by natural causes before it is able to survive independently.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Higher amounts of caffeine may be associated with increased rates of abortion and low birth weight.
- This may result in abortion, premature delivery or Congenital Rubella Syndrome.
- Abortion in a previous pregnancy predisposes to further abortions or stillbirths in subsequent pregnancies.
- 1.2 Biology The arrest of the development of an organ, typically a seed or fruit.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Moreover, we did not observe increased levels of seed or ovule abortion in any seth mutants.
- High temperature conditions commonly cause flower abscission and seed abortion because of pollination failure.
- In cucumber, a correlation between fruit abortion and vegetative growth rate was also observed.
- 2An object or undertaking regarded by the speaker as unpleasant or badly made or carried out.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He didn't bring up one single argument in respect to the abortion of a budget that was tabled this year.
- My introduction to advertising came to consist of thinking up such abortions as banana creme topping.
mid 16th century: from Latin abortio(n-), from aboriri 'miscarry' (see abort).