Definición de absolutism en inglés:
The acceptance of or belief in absolute principles in political, philosophical, ethical, or theological matters.
- Thus papal absolutism and Spanish absolutism, secular and ecclesiastical power, grew ever more complementary and interdependent.
- Benedict's experience of Nazism led him to a fear not of absolutism but of totalitarianism, in which authority and truth are divorced.
- It is not moral absolutism but theological relativism we would do well to explore if our real need is for a God with whom we can engage our lives.
absolutist sustantivo& adjetivo
- Example sentences
- Absolutist tyrannies are far more likely than democracies to breed absolutist tyrannical resistance groups willing to do anything to fight back.
- I'm not sure that I would call the debate relativist vs. absolutist since my only contention is that not everything is totally relative.
- The English were more against the pope because he was a foreign power who tried to bolster the cause of absolutist governments.
Definición de absolutism en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan