Definición de absolutism en inglés:
The acceptance of or belief in absolute principles in political, philosophical, ethical, or theological matters.
- Thus papal absolutism and Spanish absolutism, secular and ecclesiastical power, grew ever more complementary and interdependent.
- Benedict's experience of Nazism led him to a fear not of absolutism but of totalitarianism, in which authority and truth are divorced.
- It is not moral absolutism but theological relativism we would do well to explore if our real need is for a God with whom we can engage our lives.
absolutist sustantivo& adjetivo
- Example sentences
- Absolutist tyrannies are far more likely than democracies to breed absolutist tyrannical resistance groups willing to do anything to fight back.
- I'm not sure that I would call the debate relativist vs. absolutist since my only contention is that not everything is totally relative.
- The English were more against the pope because he was a foreign power who tried to bolster the cause of absolutist governments.
Definición de absolutism en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary