- 1A structure built to support the lateral pressure of an arch or span, e.g., at the ends of a bridge.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It has been inserted into the stone abutment of a railway bridge which, long demolished, once spanned the river Serein.
- Various foundation types have been adopted to support the bridge piers and abutments.
- Richard Robidoux, the project manager for E. D. Swett, Inc., said a hundred piles were driven to a depth of between 120 and 160 feet for the bridge abutments.
- 1.1The process of supporting something with an abutment.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The design called for this kind of abutment in several places which gave me a bit of grief down the road, since what actually happens on a site will vary from the most carefully drawn plans.
Más definiciones de abutmentDefinición de abutment en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional