1Relating to or denoting the depths or bed of the ocean, especially between about 10,000 and 20,000 feet (3,000 and 6,000 m) down: the genera found in the abyssal North Atlantic
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They are found in every aquatic habitat from the abyssal depths of the ocean to freshwater streams and ponds; a few can even crawl on land for short periods of time.
- Bathyal is defined as pertaining to the ocean bottom between the sublittoral and abyssal zones - from depths of approximately 200 to 400 m.
- Technically, continental shelves are defined as the region of ocean floor between the coast and the shelf-break, where the seafloor steepens into the continental slope and plunges toward the abyssal depths.
1.1 Geology another term for plutonic (sense 1).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The fluids that emerge may come in bursts when earthquakes occur; fluid flow may therefore repeat episodically over hundreds of thousands of years as abyssal hills are uplifted and spread away from the mid-ocean ridge crest.
- The width of the mountain is 4-6 times greater than that of most abyssal hills.
- The incoming sediments beneath the 3 km deep Oman abyssal plain consist of 3 km of Makran sands that are derived from the north.
Palabras que riman con abyssalbristle, epistle, gristle, missal, scissel, thistle, whistle
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: a·byss·al
Definición de abyssal en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda