verbo[with object] Chemistry
Introduce an acetyl group into (a molecule or compound): (as adjective acetylated) the acetylated forms of chloramphenicol
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Serotonin in this gland is acetylated, then methylated, forming melatonin.
- Histones (DNA packaging proteins) have lysine tails, which can be acetylated in a post-translational modification step.
- The N-terminal group was acetylated to reproduce the experimental conditions at which the protein was studied.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The acetylation of salicylic acid increased the potency of morphine by making the compound more soluble in brain fat and facilitating transfer across the blood brain barrier.
- This effect is consistent with the expected large reduction in electron density on the amino nitrogen upon acetylation thus making coordination with copper much less strong.
- Slowly, as researchers learned more about the structure of histones, it became evident that patterns of acetylation and methylation could be quite precise.
Definición de acetylate en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional