Definición de acinus en inglés:
sustantivo (plural acini /-ˌnī/)Anatomy
1A small saclike cavity in a gland, surrounded by secretory cells.
- The mass also contained cystic spaces lined by columnar epithelium, sebaceous glands, cartilage, smooth muscle, and pancreatic acini.
- Small residual ducts and islands of intact salivary gland acini predominantly composed of serous-type glandular epithelium were present.
- The airway wall is composed of many interrelated structural components such as epithelium, connective tissue, vessels, muscle, and mucus-secreting gland acini.
2A region of the lung supplied with air from one of the terminal bronchioles.
- Primary bronchiolar disorders are separated from diseases primarily affecting more distal components of the pulmonary acinus and large airway diseases in which prominent secondary bronchiolar changes may be seen.
- A spectrum of airborne organic particulate matter, appropriately sized to reach pulmonary acini, produces this disease.
- Emphysema is classified into three subtypes based on the portion of the acinus that is involved.
mid 18th century: Latin, literally 'a kernel'.
- Example sentences
- However, the extent to which such results are applicable to acinar cells is not clear.
- The granulomatous process exclusively affected the small airways in an acinar distribution.
- What collagen is present is usually found associated with the acinar pattern.
Definición de acinus en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary