- 1Acceptance of the truth or existence of something: there was no acknowledgment of the family’s traumaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There is an undercurrent of fear in our society that we may disappear without media acknowledgement of our existence.
- To talk in an adult way about safe sex, for example, meant frank acknowledgement of the existence of homosexuality and prostitution.
- It involves our acknowledgment that the existence of such phenomena entails certain responsibilities for those who remain unaffected by them.
- 2The action of expressing or displaying gratitude or appreciation for something: he received an award in acknowledgment of his workMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Wallin, who has already received four honorary degrees and several awards and honours in acknowledgment of her work, will address graduates in applied health sciences and arts.
- Now, not only are you doing most of the work, you are not entitled to any acknowledgement, never mind gratitude, for doing it at all.
- Instead of trophies going to the winning teams, all dance groups were presented with framed certificates in acknowledgment of, and in thanks for, their participation.
- 2.1The action of showing that one has noticed someone or something: he touched his hat in acknowledgment of the salute
- 2.2A letter confirming receipt of something: I received an acknowledgment of my applicationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Premier's Office responded with a curt acknowledgment of receipt of the letter.
- To date he has not even received an acknowledgement of his letter.
- It happens that it was published on the day I received an acknowledgement of my letter of complaint to the hospital regarding my own case.
- 3 (usually acknowledgments) An author’s or publisher’s statement of indebtedness to others, typically one printed at the beginning of a book.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The book has a total of 448 pages including notes, bibliography, acknowledgements, photo credits, and the index.
- But I would like to know if these acknowledgements were ever published in a real book.
- As the acknowledgements state, the book was commissioned by the US Army's Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence and is intended for use by members of the intelligence community to predict the outcome of ethnic conflicts.