The most prestigious dialect or variety of a particular language (used especially in the study of Creoles). Compare with basilect, mesolect.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In Belize the basilect is what we call ‘broad Kriol’, the acrolect could be called Belizean English.
- The acrolect is often European, reflecting the history of colonization, but this is not always the case.
- Basilects and acrolects require some form, but mesolects require none.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- They are arranged along a post-creole continuum which has acrolectal (those varieties closest to the superstrate) at one end and basilectal (those varieties furthest from it) at the other.
- This study focuses on the loan terms which occur in both this basic form and its acrolectal counterpart.
- Even within noun morphology, acrolectal features are in most cases counterbalanced by a wider occurrence of basi-and mesolectal features, especially as for the personal pronoun system.
1960s: from Greek akron 'summit' + -lect as in dialect.
Definición de acrolect en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda