- 1(Of growth or development) upward from the base or point of attachment. The opposite of basipetal.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These features might be partly associated with the acropetal development of the terminal inflorescence.
- The Alismataceae have acropetal leaf development.
- Sepal initiation began on the basal lateral flower and continued in an acropetal direction until all floral meristems had completed sepal initiation.
- 1.1(Of the movement of dissolved substances) outward toward the shoot and root apexes.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In every case, the basipetal movement was greater than the acropetal movement.
- It is not clear whether this acropetal increase of flower meristem identity is related to the acropetal loss of the SD suppression.
- Xylem flow carries the transpiration stream and is normally entirely acropetal.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On each plant, leaves were identified on day 0 according to their nodal position with respect to the youngest fully expanded leaf, L0, and numbered acropetally, L1, L2, etc.
- The abaxial surface of the wings bears hairs that are directed acropetally to the awn/wing interface and then become oriented towards the tip of the wing.
- The floral meristems are formed acropetally and are initiated on the periphery of the inflorescence meristem, being protected by bracts.
late 19th century: from Greek akron 'tip' + Latin petere 'seek'.
Más definiciones de acropetalDefinición de acropetal en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional