Definición de aculeate en inglés:
1 Entomology (Of an insect) having a sting.
- Almost all adult aculeate wasps and bees drink nectar for their own nourishment and are therefore flower visitors and worthy of consideration as potential pollinators.
- Phylogenetic relationships between six wasp and bee species, Apis mellifera, and several other similar aculeate Hymenoptera were determined.
sustantivoEntomology Volver al principio
A stinging insect of a group that includes the bees, wasps, and ants.
- Section Aculeata, suborder Apocrita, order Hymenoptera
- Larval kleptoparasites of solitary aculeates are also found in the Bombyliidae and Chloropidae.
- For many aculeates this involves the availability of bare ground, usually sandy, sometimes firm, sometimes loose and in various aspects ranging from flat ground to vertical banks and cliffs.
- After all the years, I'm still keen to watch butterflies and moths, and more recently to collect aculeates.
mid 17th century: from Latin aculeatus, from aculeus 'a sting', diminutive of acus 'needle'.
Words that rhyme with aculeateJuliet
Definición de aculeate en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan