The abbreviation for Anno Domini, ad, typically is written in small capitals and should be placed before the numerals, as in ad 375 (not 375 ad ). However, when the date is spelled out, it is normal to write, for example, the third century ad (not ad the third century ). The abbreviation bc (before Christ) appears after the date: Plato was born in 427 bc —that is to say, in the fifth century bc. In recent years, some writers have begun using the abbreviations ce (of the Common Era) in place of ad, and bce (before the Common Era) in place of bc, in consideration of a more secular and international readership.
Más definiciones de ADDefinición de AD en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
- An advertisement.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Galleries are also available of the posters and print ads used to advertise the movie.
- Bash is also trying to decrease the number of tobacco commercials and ads on television and in the media.
- A quick survey of all the commercials on television and ads in newspapers would make us believe that it does.
mid 19th century: abbreviation.