- 1The action or process of adding something to something else: the hotel has been extended with the addition of more roomsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A wakeboard is similar in shape to a snowboard, with the addition of two small fins on the underside.
- With the addition of a few commas and the striking out of the one paragraph, the deal already on the table will finally go through.
- The colour range favours warm and tropical colours, with the addition of blue and sea green.
- 1.1A person or thing added or joined, typically in order to improve something: you will find the coat a useful addition to your wardrobeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- With many riders returning, there are also many new promising additions to the club.
- The intention is to add more tours to the database each year so that visitors will be able to return and catch up on the latest additions.
- The new design was intended to create more internal space, which meant stripping away the additions at the back.
- 2 (abbreviation: addn.) The process or skill of calculating the total of two or more numbers or amounts: she began with simple arithmetic, addition and then subtractionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- That is addition, multiplication and the two inverse operations of subtraction and division.
- Yet addition and also subtraction are only an extension of counting.
- The Count Hoot section of the site helps with addition and subtraction as well.
- 2.1 Mathematics The process of combining matrices, vectors, or other quantities under specific rules to obtain their sum.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This suggests that Component 3 is not a vector addition but could be a single component.
- Superimposing the two logical operations we can define binary addition.
- We were reviewing vector addition this evening at a study session.
- As an extra person, thing, or circumstance: members of the board were paid a small allowance in addition to their normal salaryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Some employers also offer extra time off and more money for fathers in addition to SPP.
- This is in addition to the usual information, such as the location of property lines and buildings.
- There was fun and games and treats and these were in addition to a much enjoyed bouncy castle.
late Middle English: from Latin additio(n-), from the verb addere (see add).