A mass of enlarged lymphatic tissue between the back of the nose and the throat, often hindering speaking and breathing in young children.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Close to the front opening of the Eustachian tubes are masses of tissue called adenoids.
- Even though some children may need surgery, it's important to remember that enlarged adenoids are normal in some children.
- Enlarged adenoids can also be caused by repeated chest infections or allergies, but in other cases the cause is unknown.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I hear that high, adenoidal voice that sounds like 50 other kids who have that same adenoidal voice.
- Some listeners will probably find his voice a bit adenoidal for their tastes.
- Mike's pinched, adenoidal tenor gave a little bite to the verses of their songs, but they were defined by Brian's angelic falsetto on the choruses.
Late 19th century: from Greek adēn 'gland' + -oid.
Definición de adenoids en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda