- A compound consisting of an adenosine molecule bonded to one acidic phosphate group, present in most DNA and RNA. It often exists in a cyclic form with the phosphate bonded to the nucleoside at two points.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Phosphate is necessary for the generation of adenosine triphosphate from adenosine diphosphate and adenosine monophosphate and other crucial phosphorylation reactions.
- These effectors can assume a vast diversity of chemical forms, ranging from simple inorganic molecules to complex nucleotides such as cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP).
- Drugs that inhibit phosphodiesterase, the enzyme that catalyzes the breakdown of adenosine triphosphate to cyclic adenosine monophosphate, enhance cardiac contractility in heart failure.
Más definiciones de adenosine monophosphateDefinición de adenosine monophosphate en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional