Definición de adjacent en inglés:
- Clive and his friends brought the equipment down from their second floor apartment and set up in the room adjacent to the rec room.
- The first morning I stopped abruptly when I heard a squealing pack of rats in a room adjacent to ours.
- The filling station adjacent to the show rooms will not be disturbed during the building works.
Late Middle English: from Latin adjacent- 'lying near to', from adjacere, from ad- 'to' + jacere 'lie down'.
easy from Middle English:
Both easy and ease (Middle English) go back via Old French aisier to Latin adjacens ‘lying close by’, source also of adjacent (Late Middle English). Easy-peasy ‘childishly easy’ is only recorded from the 1970s. The ‘peasy’ is simply a rhyme and the childish word intensifies the sense.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- As with most exhibitions, the adjacencies were clearly telling.
- Ironically, adjacency didn't necessarily mean accessibility.
- But we've got a lot of really nifty projects that we're looking at right now that are very entrepreneurial within our core businesses or in an appropriate adjacency, and they're fun.
Palabras que riman con adjacentcomplacent, obeisant
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.