- About that time Sharman became the regimental adjutant, its commanding officer's principal assistant.
- General Custer and his adjutant, Colonel Cooke, could be seen, lighting matches and candles in advance, trying to find the trail, which they succeeded in doing in a short time.
- The battalion adjutant sent me to the C Company command post by Jeep.
- The subsequent departure in the same direction of his backroom adjutants Jim and Kevin intensified the bad feeling.
- They are generally millionaires to begin with, and, in any case, they and their adjutants make a seamless transition from places of power to the media, the upper ranks of private enterprise and so forth.
- Genus Leptoptilos, family Ciconiidae: two species
- The World Conservation Union classifies the greater adjutant stork as a ‘conservation-dependent’ species in great danger of extinction.
- But the researchers involved are quite hopeful that the simple netting technique will be a first step toward increasing the overall numbers of the greater adjutant stork.
- The man turned himself in to police in Buritam Province as they searched for him on suspicion he had killed a greater adjutant stork last week.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Adjutant- John L. Smith of Dallas is promoted to the adjutancy of the brigade.
- Due to deficiencies in mathematics, he had to spend an extra year at West Point, but his superb military skills gained him the cadet adjutancy his final year.
- He later transferred to the adjutancy of Virginia's Northern Neck and Eastern Shore with the responsibility of training the Northern District's militiamen.
An adjutant was originally an ‘assistant, helper’; the origin is Latin adjutant- ‘being of service to’, from adjuvare ‘assist’. The term now usually describes an officer assisting a senior officer with administrative matters.
Definición de adjutant en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.