Definición de adjuvant en inglés:
(Of therapy) applied after initial treatment for cancer, especially to suppress secondary tumor formation.
- Women with breast cancer may benefit from adjuvant chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, or both.
- The book is divided into five short chapters that cover coping with the diagnosis of cancer, surgical treatments, adjuvant therapies, and ongoing recovery.
- Three patients received no adjuvant treatment, and no information on adjuvant therapy was available for the remaining 4 patients.
sustantivoMedicine Volver al principio
A substance that enhances the body’s immune response to an antigen.
- New TB adjuvants (enhancers of the immune response) have been studied.
- The products use a large amount of organisms and adjuvants such as aluminum hydroxide or oil to produce a sufficient immune response.
- Recently, there has been a great deal of interest in biologic agents as potential adjuvants in the treatment of chronic wounds.
late 16th century: from Latin adjuvant- 'helping toward', from the verb adjuvare, from ad- 'toward' + juvare 'to help'.
Definición de adjuvant en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan