- (Of therapy) applied after initial treatment for cancer, especially to suppress secondary tumor formation.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Women with breast cancer may benefit from adjuvant chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, or both.
- The book is divided into five short chapters that cover coping with the diagnosis of cancer, surgical treatments, adjuvant therapies, and ongoing recovery.
- Three patients received no adjuvant treatment, and no information on adjuvant therapy was available for the remaining 4 patients.
sustantivoMedicine Volver al principio
- A substance that enhances the body’s immune response to an antigen.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- New TB adjuvants (enhancers of the immune response) have been studied.
- The products use a large amount of organisms and adjuvants such as aluminum hydroxide or oil to produce a sufficient immune response.
- Recently, there has been a great deal of interest in biologic agents as potential adjuvants in the treatment of chronic wounds.
late 16th century: from Latin adjuvant- 'helping toward', from the verb adjuvare, from ad- 'toward' + juvare 'to help'.
Más definiciones de adjuvantDefinición de adjuvant en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional