- 1Existing, happening, or operating in the air: an aerial battle an intrepid aerial adventurerMás ejemplos en oraciones
- One such area is operating and maintaining unmanned aerial vehicles.
- And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind.
- The winners were especially to the fore in the aerial battles where they dominated a physically weaker Kerry outfit.
- 1.1Coming or carried out from the air, especially using aircraft: aerial bombardment of civilian targets aerial photographyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It also explains the reliance on aerial bombardment of civilians.
- The aircraft is also capable of carrying a range of aerial bombs with a total weight up to 40 tons.
- I do not find the absence of aircraft from the 1986 aerial photograph to be evidence of abandonment.
- 1.2(Of part of a plant) growing above ground: knobby sections of aerial rootsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Simple trichomes are present on aerial surfaces of most angiosperms and on some gymnosperms and bryophytes.
- Nicotine and tropane alkaloids are formed in the roots and transported to the aerial parts of the plant.
- The harvested root and aerial parts of the plant are used.
- 1.3(Of a bird) spending much of its time in flight.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Analyses of the energetic costs of flight have identified optimal strategies for aerial bats, birds, and insects.
- It also has a tiny beak with a large gape which help the bird catch its aerial prey.
- Though bats and birds are both aerial creatures, records of their interaction have been extremely rare.
- 1.4Of or in the atmosphere; atmospheric.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There's some information there suggesting that there's no regulation of aerial spraying and that there's no policing.
- Despite evidence of the carcinogenic properties of pesticides, aerial spraying remains widespread.
- One man reported major fish kills in the wild after aerial sprayings of DDT.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- 1 another term for antenna ( sense 2). jiggle the aerial on the radioMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Immediately below the vision aerial is the aerial for the accompanying sound transmissions.
- The boot opens by remote control, and the radio aerial is cleverly hidden in the rear spoiler.
- The driver had found a handkerchief and tied it round the radio aerial as a makeshift white flag.
- 2 (aerials) A type of maneuver in gymnastics, skiing, or surfing involving freestyle jumps or somersaults.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I want aerials, spread eagles, toe touches, and anything else you can think of.
- Now, I want everyone to get into formation behind me and we're going to practice synchronized aerials!
- You boys aren't gonna be able to do those aerials in there, are you?
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- While aerially displaying, males uttered 7-10 single-note calls.
- Katalin led the way; she'd been here before, at least aerially.
- They are sprayed aerially on corn leaves where the beetles eat.
late 16th century (in the sense 'thin as air, imaginary'): via Latin aerius from Greek aerios (from aēr 'air') + -al.
Más definiciones de aerialDefinición de aerial en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional